• Users Online: 75
  • Home
  • Print this page
  • Email this page
Home About us Editorial board Ahead of print Current issue Search Archives Submit article Instructions Subscribe Contacts Login 
ORIGINAL ARTICLE
Year : 2018  |  Volume : 19  |  Issue : 1  |  Page : 14-18

Argon laser treatment for symptomatic inferior conjunctivochalasis refractory to medical therapy


Department of Ophthalmology, Faculty of Medicine, Al-Azhar University, Cairo, Egypt

Correspondence Address:
Mona M Aly
Department of Ophthalmology, Faculty of Medicine, Al-Azhar University, Nasr City 11754, Cairo
Egypt
Login to access the Email id

Source of Support: None, Conflict of Interest: None


DOI: 10.4103/DJO.DJO_54_17

Rights and Permissions

Purpose The aim of this study was to present argon laser procedure as a treatment option for symptomatic inferior conjunctivochalasis (CCh) refractory to medical therapy and to evaluate its efficacy. Patients and methods A prospective interventional study was conducted to evaluate the clinical results after argon laser photocoagulation for symptomatic inferior CCh using a slit-lamp-mounted argon laser under topical anesthesia. Twenty eyes with CCh refractory to medical treatment were enrolled in the study. Results The symptoms significantly improved in all patients, and the conjunctival laxity disappeared in eight (40%) of 20 eyes and improved in the remaining 12 (60%) eyes after the treatment of CCh with argon laser. Conclusion Argon laser photocoagulation of the conjunctiva can successfully treat CCh with symptomatic attenuation.


[FULL TEXT] [PDF]*
Print this article     Email this article
 Next article
 Previous article
 Table of Contents

 Similar in PUBMED
   Search Pubmed for
   Search in Google Scholar for
 Related articles
 Citation Manager
 Access Statistics
 Reader Comments
 Email Alert *
 Add to My List *
 * Requires registration (Free)
 

 Article Access Statistics
    Viewed374    
    Printed47    
    Emailed0    
    PDF Downloaded78    
    Comments [Add]    

Recommend this journal